Okra with Red Peppers
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. nigella (onion seeds)
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lb. okra, washed, dried, cut lengthwise with tops and tails removed
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- Salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
Preheat oil in frying pan on medium heat. When oil is hot, add nigella, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, and fennel seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add turmeric powder and okra. Stir-fry for five minutes. Add cayenne pepper and cumin.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Add onion and red pepper. Stir-fry for five more minutes. Add salt and black pepper. Cook until moisture is gone from okra (five to seven minutes).
Garnish with Garam Masala and dry mango powder.