You are here
GulfStream Digital Content Manager
GulfStream Communications, the award-winning publisher of Charleston, Grand Strand, and WNC magazines, as well as the owner and producer of Charleston Fashion Week (CFW) and numerous websites and other digital initiatives, including CharlestonGrit.com, is seeking a unique individual to join our digital team and serve as a Digital Content Manager based in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or web design
• Minimum two-year experience in related field
• Excellent oral and written communications
• Social media savvy
• Organization and planning skills
• Self-starter, goal-oriented, and strategic thinker and consummate team player
• Absolute ability to work under high-pressure environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task
• Ability to troubleshoot issues with web coding errors/formatting
• Understands responsive web design (Twitter Bootstrap 3)
• Proficient with Drupal 5/6/7 Content Management system: Views, Blocks, User Accounts, Permissions
• PROGRAMS: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Creative Cloud 2015), Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Open X Revive Advertisement Platform
• CMS Knowledge: Drupal 6/7, WordPress
• SOCIAL MEDIA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Sound Cloud, YouTube
Responsibilities will include:
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for much of day-to-day activities of running Company sites, as well as developing and implementing creative strategies for building audience, driving site revenue, generating content, building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external constituencies, and promoting the brands through events and networking.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Uploading, formatting website content (HTML 5, CSS3), scheduling, and publishing content using Drupal content management system
• Creating revenue concepts and maintaining new websites/initiatives for regional publications and sub-sites, including Charleston magazine, Charleston Weddings magazine, Charleston Fashion Week, CharlestonGrit.com, WNC magazine, Ashevillegrit.com, and Grand Strand magazine.
• Mobile application content management/updates, in conjunction with Director of Digital Development and Director of Digital Content
• Manage all online ads, monitor web impressions. Provide monthly website analytics.
• Coordinate weekly and biweekly e-newsletters and e-marketing for all magazine titles. Occasionally create online forms for contests.
• Work on-site during magazine-related events, coordinating social media execution.
• Work with GulfStream social media manager and platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
• Utilize Google Analytics to analyze content trends and provide useful stats to advertising, editorial, and marketing teams.
• Liaise with the digital and marketing teams to develop and implement strategies key to GulfStream site success.
• Competitive base salary in $30s with some performance upside possible based on sites’ financial performance
• Health benefits after three-month trial
• Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
EDITORIAL WRITING INTERNSHIP
For internships with Charleston magazine, contact Hooper Schultz (Hooper@charlestonmag.com); for Charleston Weddings internships, contact Molly Hutter (email@example.com). Explore the ins and outs of working on the editorial staff of a nationally recognized regional magazine that delves into every aspect of life in the South Carolina Lowcountry. During their time here, editorial interns gain valuable firsthand experience, insight, and understanding as they learn what is required to produce an award-winning monthly magazine and associated digital properties that reach tens of thousands of readers across the US. Ideal candidates will have a refined knowledge and masterful use of the English language as well as proficiency working in Word. A working knowledge of InDesign is also desirable.
EDITORIAL GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
** We publish 5 different magazines - you get to be a part of all of them
** Learn the process of making a magazine by working directly with the creative team
** Help design editorial pages of a magazine with our creative director and graphic designers overseeing & guiding you
** Polish up your researching skills
** Converting photographs from RAW, re-touching, color-correcting etc.
** Assist with the production of photo-shoots
** Network while you start your professional career
** Take advantage of all the opportunities to help at events that we sponsor
** Must have a great attitude & good work ethic
** To be comfortable in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
** Must be proficient in Photoshop & InDesign
Please send resumes and inquiries to Camilla Nilsson.
EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNSHIP
- Depending on your strengths, have upwards of 20+ images in each issue
- Meet hundreds of people on assignment
- Go on Studio, portrait, in-house, and location shoots
- Gain knowledge from other professional photographers by assisting at photo shoots
- Learn the process from camera-to-layout by working directly with the art director and graphic designers as a team
- Convert from RAW format
- Complete at least 20 hours a week, for at least 3 months
(Minimum hours are necessary to stay involved in a constantly changing atmosphere)
*Ideal candidates own digital SLR equipment and have a good understanding of digital photography and lighting. Must submit digital portfolio samples. Please send resumes and inquiries to Ruta Elvikyte
The Style internship is an unpaid internship with a commitment of 16-20 hours a week for a 4-month period. This is what the internship duties include:
- Drop off and pick up merchandise for photo shoots
- Organize and complete inventory sheets
- Assist on photo shoots and fashion shoots
- Contact local and national retailers for use of merchandise and/or high-resolution photos
- Shipping and receiving merchandise
- Updating local and national style dept. database
- Updating comp list to give to PR and shipping magazines upon request
- Assist with providing info for copyfit
- Assist with locating props and products for various shoots as needed
- Assist with additional editorial needs upon request
- Research Trends and Fashion News
- Provide occasional scouting shots and/or scouting lists for photo shoots
Style Interns will learn the ins and outs of putting together a monthly, quarterly and bi-annual publication. Also will learn styling techniques and production of photo shoots. The Style Intern will both gain experience in the fashion industry and the media publication industry. Send resumes to Quinn@charlestonmag.com
For those interested in the technical aspects of publishing and what goes on behind the scenes, Gulfstream offers a unique experience to learn the basics of web design development as well as entry-level information technology in a fast-paced environment. Candidates are required to have proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite web products. Experience with Quark, InDesign, and Dreamweaver is preferred. Familiarity with mac and windows environments as well as basic IT skills will be helpful. Please send resumes and inquiries to Rory Gruler
ADVERTISING DESIGN INTERNSHIP
The advertising design department at Charleston Magazine is seeking a design intern to work directly with the advertising art director in creating high-end advertisements for some of the areas most upscale clients. You will be designing creative for Gulfstream's family of publications including: Charleston Magazine, Charleston Weddings, Grand Strand, WNC (Western North Carolina) and House Calls. Opportunities include, but are not limited to: assisting with photo retouching/cloning, color correction, converting RAW images, styling photo shoots, clipping, scanning, placing advertising, trouble shooting issues and postcripting. Great opportunity for regional and national recognition of your work. Must have a great positive attitude, the desire to be in a fast-paced design environment and the drive to learn and improve your skills. Basic knowledge of the following are required: Adobe CS3 (flash/dreamweaver not required), Acrobat Distiller, Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Please send resumes and inquiries to Brandis Woods (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Gulfstream Communications is offering a unique internship for those interested in the administrative side of producing an award winning publication. Duties would include assisting with accounting, circulation, and general office management. The ideal candidate should be organized, willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have working knowledge of Excel. Please send resumes and inquiries to Accounting@charlestonmag.com.