JLINSNIDER S/S 2011 Collection Debut At The Music Farm
It wasn't until Charleston Fashion Week that I discovered Jamie Lin Snider, one of the Emerging Designer Competition: Southeast top three finalist. She was such a talent that I could not get her finale dress off my mind which led to my very own custom frock by the designer landing me on multiple street style blog and MTV News during New York Fashion Week! Just months after she launched her Fall campaign for her Etsy store which features her exclusive designs and a coveted vintage collection, she now joins the Music Farm as they host a benefit night for actor, choreographer, personal trainer and martial artist, Trevor Erickson who was severely injured in a recent automobile accident.
In addition to the art, eats and special entertainment, Snider will be presenting her Spring/Summer 2011 collection for her label JLINSNIDER! Here the designer give us a fun peek inside her fashion world with this 20 question fill-in-the-blank Q&A:
1. I have three closets where I keep (hide) my shoe addiction.
2. There are two sides to my style and they are wild and tame.
3. When I'm not designing clothes then I am dealing vintage.
4. Music influences me the most when I'm in my creative process.
5. My mood board is filled with my grandmothers 1940s modeling photos.
6. Even though I never wear them I still keep my JLS logo hightops because they were my most favorite gift of all time!
7. My Spring 2011 collection can be defined as regal, charming and eclectic.
8. If I could steal clothes from any one's closet it would be Conde Nast because they're holding the goods!
9. Charleston Fashion Week was a moment of growth in my life. I learned to delegate!
10. In High School my personal style was loud and now it's refined.
11. I collect vintage jewelry pieces so I can redesign them.
12. The worst fashion faux pas moments are when you're caught dressing for a fad instead of your body type!
13. My runway show at the Music Farm will be royal for everyone to see.
14. My shopping philosophy is only buy it if you're still thinking about it when you get home. I love when I find good designer vintage.
15. If I had to sum up my design aesthetic in a few words they would be brash, innovative, chic.
16. My best dressed moment was when I wore a Sophia Kokosalaki dress with Balenciaga heels on a night out in Kansas City.
17. I bring a razor edge to Charleston's fashion and design community and plan to open a boutique downtown in the future.
18. The person who most influences my style is Karl Lagerfeld because he is timeless!
19. If I had 60 seconds to pack a bag I would grab my black Chanel blazer, Miu Miu heels and Dior mascara.
20. It is my destiny to run wild with creativity and take fashion on a journey through my eyes.
Don't miss the show and the opportunity to support the cause this Sunday night at the Music Farm at 7 pm. Advance tickets just $10 and features hula-hooping by Homespun Hoops, belly dancing, appearance by the Lowcountry High Rollers, and kung fu. Musical acts include Bianca & Page, Zandrina Dunning, N4RED, Taiko Drum Group, All Good Citizens, Ben Fagan & Friends, Dan Wright, and Casey Atwater, as well the premiere of the N4RED music video which Trevor Erickson recently was able to finish editing.! For more info visit www.musicfarm.com!