You are here
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 (15 ozs.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ozs.) can tomato puree
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Crumble meat into pan and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add onion and sauté until soft and no pink remains in the meat, about 3 more minutes. Fold in sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Lower heat and pour in tomates. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Place cooked noodles in a deep-dish pie plate or round casserole. Dollop with sour cream and lightly toss to coat. Pour sauce over and lightly toss again with tongs to evenly combine. Sprinkle cheddar over pasta and cook uncovered for 25 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving.