Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1 recipe vinegar maple dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbs. sherry wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Place sweet potatoes in a large pot with enough lightly salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Cook until cubes are fork tender. Drain and cool slightly.
While potatoes are cooking, make the salad dressing.
Combine the cooked sweet potato with the celery, shallot, raisins, cherries, and pecans. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Chill four to 12 hours. Serve chilled or room temperature.