Summer Corn Salad
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 small orange bell pepper, diced to one-half-inch pieces
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced to one-half-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 5 ears yellow or white corn, kernels cut off
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbs. julienned fresh basil
In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for four to five minutes, or until soft. Stir in the peppers and sauté for two more minutes.
Add the butter. Once melted, add corn and seasonings and cook, stirring occasionally, for five to seven minutes. Remove from heat and gently stir in the tomato and basil. Serve warm.