"Ask Muffie" Design Forum a Success!
Last night’s event, “Ask Muffie: Expert Answers to Real-Life Decorating Dilemmas,” was a smashing success. We don’t have the final numbers in yet, but it was a standing-room only crowd at ESD, where we convened a design panel (led by ESD owner and designer Muffie Faith) and asked questions of all kinds, including:
• How do you know what to put on your mantel?
• What proportion of the room should an area rug cover?
• When it comes to painting a tray ceiling, should I keep it one color or can I do something fun?
• For rooms with very high ceilings, how do you deal with all that wall space?
• What kind of lighting should I choose for eight-foot ceilings in a galley kitchen?
• How do I warm up a small, putty-colored bedroom with little natural light?
Discussion was lively as guests sipped champagne and took notes. The best part? The questions were everyday interior dilemmas we all tackle, not pie-in-the-sky topics that 95 percent of us can’t relate to. With each question, Muffie helped us get from problem to solution in a way that seems reasonable—even immediately doable!
What’s next: We’re typing up all the answers to last night’s questions and will run a series of the Q & As in my blog next week. We want to make sure even those who couldn’t make it out to ESD last night can access the smart solutions too. Log on Monday for the first installment.
In the meantime, check out our photo gallery for a peek at last night’s scene.