Individual who has given generously of his/her time, energy, heart, and soul to a specific nonprofit. This person should have spent at least two years involved with the organization as an unpaid volunteer.
Past Volunteer Award Winners:
Lee Batten, Junior League of Charleston, Colorectal Cancer Outreach, MUSC Children’s Hospital (2012)
Patricia Coker-Bolt, Charleston Miracle League (2011)
Jacki Baer, Fields to Families (2009)
Louis Yuhasz, Louie’s Kids (2008)
Priscilla McLeod Robinson, Links, Center for Women, Teachers’ Supply Closet (2007)
Frances Fike, foster grandparent with Charleston Area Senior Citizens Services (2006)
Andrew HaLevi, Charleston Futures (2005)
Your nomination letter should include:
- Your name and contact info
- Nominee’s name and contact info
- The name of the nomination category in the subject line of the e-mail as well as on the nomination letter itself
- A minimum of 400 words detailing how this person has given generously of his/her time, energy, heart, and soul to a specific nonprofit for at least two years as an unpaid volunteer and how his/her work has benefitted the Lowcountry
- Please attach images, if you have them, that help illustrate your nominee’s charitable works.
All nominations will be reviewed by a panel, including staff from Charleston magazine, the Coastal Community Foundation, past award winners, and other community members.
Deadline for nomination is Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST.