Individual who brings about a movement of charitable giving through his/her actions or ideas. Finalists will be selected based on the number of people who were moved to action, the amount of money, and/or awareness raised, and the innovation shown in the effort.
Past Community Catalyst Winners:
Archie Burkel, The Hat Ladies of Charleston (2012) Mickey Bakst, Charleston Grill (2011)
Your nomination letter should include:
- Your name and contact info
- Nominee’s name and contact info
- The name of the nomination category in the subject line of the e-mail as well as on the nomination letter itself
- A minimum of 400 words detailing how this person has given generously of his/her time and talent to catalyze charitable giving in the community and how his/her work has benefitted nonprofit organizations and the community at large
- Please attach images, if you have them, that help illustrate your nominee’s charitable works.
All nominations will be reviewed by a panel, including staff from Charleston magazine, the Coastal Community Foundation, past award winners, and other community members.
Deadline for nomination is Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST.