You are here
Red Letter Events, stems, and Merrymint Designs paired up to dress this shower, rehearsal dinner, or reception table in contemporary preppy trappings
The florals: As an homage to classically preppy TOD bags, Anne Bowen of stems covered vases in sueded fabric and finished each with grosgrain ribbon and brass tacks. To mellow the tablescape colors—rather than amplify them—she used green geranium leaves, hydrangea, ivy, mint, and parrot tulips. Pink did, however, appear in a bridesmaid bouquet.
The stationery suite: To accent the vintage china, Merrymint Designs devised a round menu bearing a modern monogram. Topped with blazer buttons, place cards doubled as potential thank-you notes to guests from the fictional newlyweds. With names printed on both sides of the cards, guests could have easily met and greeted tablemates.
Place Card-Thank You Note:
5x7” Card Stock, colored on one side
- Paper Cutter
- Scallop Scissors
- Hole Punch
1) Knowing the place cards will be 2 ½ x7,” make a document that can print two cards per sheet of card stock.
2) In the space allotted, place the couple’s monogram on the lower portion of one half of the card and type the guest’s name above it. Repeat with a new guest’s name on the second card.
3) Print so text is on the uncolored side of the card.
4) Using a paper cutter, cut the card into two 2 ½ x7” place cards.
5) Fold each card in half, so it can stand 3½” in an A-frame manner.
6) Cut one—or both—bottom edges with scalloped scissors.
7) Using the hole punch, make a hole at the near top center of the fold.
8) Tie a button through the hole with a ribbon.
9) Write a note to the guest inside.