You are here
- Nationally lauded poet Richard Garcia celebrates his new book’s debut at Piccolo Spoleto
- Renowned Charleston milliner Leigh Magar follows South Carolina’s textile history to Columbia’s Olympia Mill Village and finds inspiration for her new line of hand-dyed and -sewn dresses
- Tiffany Reed Silverman leads an artistic renaissance as director of The Citadel’s fledging fine arts program
- Catch up with guitarist Lee Barbour, who creates surf jazz, gypsy swing, and more
- Jacob Lindsey brings equal parts chutzpah and worldly know-how to Charleston’s Civic Design Center
- Toy inventor Dr. David Wyman takes entrepreneurship seriously
- Meet Dana Stevens, the L.A. writer and producer who set sultry new legal drama Reckless here in Charleston.
- Janine McCabe conjures theatrical characters through costume design
- Last December, a group of F&B pros gathered at The Grocery downtown—some returning home from as far off as Sonoma and points in between—to pay tribute to chef Frank Lee, a culinary... Read More
- Natural-world inspiration is at the heart of all Becca Barnet’s creations—from taxidermy to site-specific installations.
- Justina Lasley has devoted 20-plus years to helping people seek out the answers they’re sleeping through
- Sharing a laugh with comedian Dusty Slay before this month’s Charleston Comedy Festival
- Brandy Culp makes collections from Charleston’s past her present tense
- Twelve years ago, local physician Dr. Ann Kulze left her busy Mount Pleasant family practice, dedicating her life’s work to educating the public at large on healthy eating habits and lifestyles... Read More
- Catching up with Scott Blackwell, the serially successful food and bev entrepreneur behind High Wire Distilling Co.
- From restaurants to a resident sports team, much of Charleston bears the branding work of graphic designer Gil Shuler
- All the Holy City’s a stage for modern dance choreographer Kristin Alexander
- Lowcountry Artist Market founder Kristen Gastaldo connects local makers and buyers
- From inspired murals to beautiful beer bottles, Sean Williams is Holy City Brewing’s unofficial painter-in-residence
- With a new Emmy and clear focus, John Barnhardt's latest adventure is rolling