You are here
HOME & GARDEN
- When it comes to these showy bloomers, options abound. Pick the hydrangea variety that will thrive in your green space.
- Create an edible container garden with a delicious trio of herbs
- The renovation of her 1960s tri-level leads artist Sally Bennett, and her family, down a new path
- Give plain clay pots botanical pizzazz with this easy cast-leaf project
- Recycle unwanted silver-plate pieces or garage-sale finds into interesting and elegant containers
- A neglected lot gets a makeover, including a new home and private garden that blend seamlessly by design
- Have limited space in your yard? Tired of the same old terra cotta pots? Garden editor Joan McDonald teaches us how to get creative, and crafty, with three do-it-yourself container gardening projects...
- Want a plant that provides shade as well as a sweet summertime treat? Try a low-maintenance, high-yielding fig tree
- Reach new heights with vertical gardens—living “paintings” for patios, porches, or outdoor rooms
- Parlors morph into playrooms and vintage treasure find new purpose in the Lail family's urban digs.
- For a look that surprises, designer Michael Mitchell is in love with pairing bold finishes with contrasting details—all in natural patterns and textures. He shares some favorite examples from... Read More
- LaNelle and Robert Barber rebuild on Bowen’s Island
- A pair of Italian immigrants fall hard for an historic Ansonborough single
- From fast-growing vines to tabletop trees, the Ficus genus offers a variety of foliage styles, whether grown indoors or out
- Celebrate the season with this easy-to-grow, fragrant perennial
- This season’s cocktail hour offerings recall parlors of eras past in their refinement. Sophisticated detailing and elemental materials reign right now—barware and serving items are decked... Read More
- Tis the season of giving... and guesting! Before friends and family descend, gussy up your guest room with an eclectic, hand-picked medley of wares, like local artwork; interesting antiques; and... Read More
- A trifecta of vibrant, easy-to-grow annuals add gorgeous color to the winter garden
- When a downtown couple moves to Sullivan’s Island, interior designer Melissa Ervin streamlines their traditional aesthetic for simple beach living
- Enjoy evergreen foliage, fall flowers, and even a caffeinated tea from this lesser-known camellia