You are here
HOME & GARDEN
- The master bedroom should feel like an oasis, safe from the hustle of everyday life. Area designer Margaret Donaldson says clients are allotting more square footage—or even an entire wing... Read More
- This beloved shrub lives up to its botanical name—Osmanthus fragrans—offering dainty clusters of heady blooms
- After debating between two coasts, Lynne and Steve Hamontree settled on Sullivan’s Island and, with help from area designer Cortney Bishop, revamped a spec home to reflect their particular... Read More
- Thanks to a totally efficient design, an eco-minded family downsizes into the modern and sustainable home of their dreams without sacrificing an ounce of comfort
- Charleston-based designer Regina Garcia says a designated “drop zone” can make it happen. “Every home has a nook where this can work—maybe a back hallway or in the kitchen,... Read More
- An airy, art-filled Sullivan’s home gives a young urban family a relaxing seaside escape with long coastal views
- Plant coneflowers for eye-catching beds that attract birds, bees, and butterflies
- If you’ve roamed the streets around Colonial Lake, you’re sure to know the graceful antebellum home at 67 Rutledge Avenue, painted pink and boasting a broad front porch with Moorish... Read More
- Charleston is a hotbed for handcrafted home goods. Meet some of the area’s most talented artisans and peek at their products, designed and fabricated right here in the Holy City
- When it comes to these showy bloomers, options abound. Pick the hydrangea variety that will thrive in your green space.
- Create an edible container garden with a delicious trio of herbs
- The renovation of her 1960s tri-level leads artist Sally Bennett, and her family, down a new path
- Recycle unwanted silver-plate pieces or garage-sale finds into interesting and elegant containers
- Have limited space in your yard? Tired of the same old terra cotta pots? Garden editor Joan McDonald teaches us how to get creative, and crafty, with three do-it-yourself container gardening projects...
- Want a plant that provides shade as well as a sweet summertime treat? Try a low-maintenance, high-yielding fig tree
- Reach new heights with vertical gardens—living “paintings” for patios, porches, or outdoor rooms
- A neglected lot gets a makeover, including a new home and private garden that blend seamlessly by design
- Give plain clay pots botanical pizzazz with this easy cast-leaf project
- Parlors morph into playrooms and vintage treasure find new purpose in the Lail family's urban digs.