You are here
HOME & GARDEN
- After debating between two coasts, Lynne and Steve Hamontree settled on Sullivan’s Island and, with help from area designer Cortney Bishop, revamped a spec home to reflect their particular... Read More
- Thanks to a totally efficient design, an eco-minded family downsizes into the modern and sustainable home of their dreams without sacrificing an ounce of comfort
- Charleston-based designer Regina Garcia says a designated “drop zone” can make it happen. “Every home has a nook where this can work—maybe a back hallway or in the kitchen,... Read More
- An airy, art-filled Sullivan’s home gives a young urban family a relaxing seaside escape with long coastal views
- Plant coneflowers for eye-catching beds that attract birds, bees, and butterflies
- If you’ve roamed the streets around Colonial Lake, you’re sure to know the graceful antebellum home at 67 Rutledge Avenue, painted pink and boasting a broad front porch with Moorish... Read More
- Charleston is a hotbed for handcrafted home goods. Meet some of the area’s most talented artisans and peek at their products, designed and fabricated right here in the Holy City
- When it comes to these showy bloomers, options abound. Pick the hydrangea variety that will thrive in your green space.
- Create an edible container garden with a delicious trio of herbs
- The renovation of her 1960s tri-level leads artist Sally Bennett, and her family, down a new path
- Have limited space in your yard? Tired of the same old terra cotta pots? Garden editor Joan McDonald teaches us how to get creative, and crafty, with three do-it-yourself container gardening projects...
- Want a plant that provides shade as well as a sweet summertime treat? Try a low-maintenance, high-yielding fig tree
- Reach new heights with vertical gardens—living “paintings” for patios, porches, or outdoor rooms
- A neglected lot gets a makeover, including a new home and private garden that blend seamlessly by design
- Give plain clay pots botanical pizzazz with this easy cast-leaf project
- Recycle unwanted silver-plate pieces or garage-sale finds into interesting and elegant containers
- Parlors morph into playrooms and vintage treasure find new purpose in the Lail family's urban digs.
- For a look that surprises, designer Michael Mitchell is in love with pairing bold finishes with contrasting details—all in natural patterns and textures. He shares some favorite examples from... Read More
- LaNelle and Robert Barber rebuild on Bowen’s Island
- From fast-growing vines to tabletop trees, the Ficus genus offers a variety of foliage styles, whether grown indoors or out