You are here
With the first flush of spring, chef Matt Russell has put together a lineup celebrating the Lowcountry’s bounty. His menu starts with a salad. Strawberries from Ambrose Family Farm contrast with rich blue cheese, peppery arugula, and tangy pickled onions. Heirloom beets round it out with an earthy sweetness.
Rate This Recipe
- 4 oz. arugula (Ambrose Family Farm)
- 10 small red beets, stemmed and quartered (Thackeray Farms)
- 1 medium Chioggia beet, thinly sliced
- 10 strawberries, sliced (Ambrose Farm)
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions (find recipe at charlestonmag.com)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mindoro blue cheese
- 3 Tbs. raspberry vinegar
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 Tbs. micro basil (Sweet Bay Farms)
In a large bowl, toss first eight ingredients to combine and season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with toasted pecans and basil.