You are here
- 1½ cups grated Gruyère cheese, grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese, grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 nine-inch deep-dish pie crust dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 4 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, mix the cheeses, scallions, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire until well-combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Line the pie plate with crust and crimp the edges. Layer bottom of unbaked pie shell with enough tomatoes to cover, reserving remaining slices for top layer. Place dollops of cheese mixture over tomato layer and gently spread to cover. Layer remaining tomato slices in concentric circles on top of pie, gently pushing them into cheese mixture so that they set firmly.
Bake for approximately 25 to 35 minutes, or until crust and cheese mixture are lightly browned. Lightly cover with foil and let set for 15 minutes before slicing so that slices will preserve their shape. Serve warm.