You are here
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 24 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 12 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. Irish cream
- 1/4 cup whipped cream, for garnish
- 2 Tbs. Kahlúa, for garnish
Bring cream and milk to boil. Add chocolate; stir until it melts. Slowly stream half a cup of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Whisk the yolk mixture back into remaining chocolate and cream.
Place custard in double boiler and cook, stirring constantly, until it reaches approximately 160°F. Place top of double boiler in ice bath and continue to stir until custard is cool. Pour into cups and chill until firm. Combine whipped cream and Kahlúa for garnish.