You are here
Shirley Evans of Hollywood, South Carolina: “This quiche has been a family favorite for 25 years and was handed down to me from my mother.”
- 10-inch store-bought pie crust
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 oz. sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 1/2 Tbs. fresh horseradish
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 (15 oz.) can corned beef or roast beef hash
- 1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2-3 sprigs parsley
Bake pie crust according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Cook spinach according to package instructions and drain well. In a large bowl, combine spinach with the next six ingredients. Preheat oven to 350°F. With a fork, gently spread the hash evenly over the cooked pie shell. Spoon spinach mixture over hash. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake another three to five minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve warm or cool.
Bite-Sized Bliss: With a few adjustments, this quiche makes great finger food. Double the recipe and press pie crusts into a 9 x 12-inch foil pan. Prepare as directed. When cool, cut into two-inch squares and serve individually in cupcake wrappers.