You are here
Rate This Recipe
- 2 cups dry white lima beans
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 11/2 cups diced celery
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 2 cups gewürztraminer wine
- 2 qts. vegetable stock
- 1 lb. bay scallops
- 1 cup finely julienned collard greens
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Olive Oil Crackers, for garnish
Cover lima beans with water and soak overnight. Drain.
Place heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Put two tablespoons olive oil, carrots, onions, and celery in pan. Sweat until onions are translucent, three to four minutes.
Add garlic, thyme, and bay leaf and cook for one minute. Add tomato paste, incorporating well. Deglaze pan with wine and add limas. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until beans are tender.
Add scallops, collard greens, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Simmer broth another two minutes, or until scallops are cooked.
Divide soup among six warmed bowls. Sprinkle with cheese, thyme, and remaining olive oil. Serve hot with Olive Oil Crackers.