Amped Up Charleston Fashion Weeks takes center stage tomorrow evening for five nights of high-energy runway shows. Get your weeklong pass now and be there for all of these can’t-miss shows, celebs, designers, and contests
• Star power rocks the tents as CFW welcomes fashion designer Cynthia Rowley on Tuesday, actor-turned-designer Orlando Jones on Wednesday, ELLE fashion news director Anne Slowey on Saturday, and Project Runway’s Logan Neitzel all week long.
• Every night brings haute talent to the catwalk with our featured designers: Gordana Gehlhausen presents her tribal-inspired looks for Fall 2010 (Tuesday); Mychael Knight debuts his edgy Fall/Winter 2010 collection (Wednesday); Mary Porter brings Parisian chic to her couture creations (Thursday); Ashley Reid flirts with colorful, modern dresses (Friday); and Marysia Reeves returns to present her high-glam swimsuits (Saturday).
• Meet the region’s next top fashion designers as eight emerging design talents, hailing from North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, debut their Spring 2010 Collections during Tuesday night’s Emerging Designer Competition: Southeast.
• CFW showcases more undiscovered talent on Thursday night with the first annual Rock the Runway model competition. The top 10 men and top 10 women strut their stuff in front of our judging panel for a chance to win the grand prize.
• During the glamorous Fashion Finale, walk the Lowcountry AIDS Services red carpet; cheer on dueling DJs Arthur Brouthers, Buckmaster, and Sonar; see the results of the Emerging Designer Competition: Southeast Design Challenge and find out who walks away with the 2010 title; experience mind-blowing music from Charleston native Daniel D. and jaw-dropping moves by dance crew Glam Rock Soul; and indulge in an array of tasty bites created by Cru Catering.