About the Competition
Emerging Designer Competition: East Mission Statement
Charleston Fashion Week’s® Emerging Designer Competition: East (EDC:E) presented by Benefitfocus seeks and supports a community of up-and-coming and undiscovered talent in the realm of fashion. EDC:E believes in the value of spotlighting a new generation of innovative designers in the multiple genres of fashion. The mission of the EDC:E is to offer a platform for aspiring designers living in the Eastern United States to showcase their talent on the runway at Charleston Fashion Week® (CFW) and gain the attention of national press and buyers.
Emerging Designer Competition: East Overview
The Top Design 20 chosen by the CFW Fashion Panel as semifinalists will show their Fall 2014 collections on the nights of Tuesday, March 18 through Friday, March 21, 2014. A select number of semifinalists will show each night, where one (1) designer from each evening will then be selected by the panel of judges as a finalist to advance to Saturday evening and have the chance to be named the Grand Prize Winner. The final schedule will be announced by Charleston Fashion Week® at a later date.
Designers must present collections for Fall 2014 or Swimwear/Resort 2015 and include twelve (12) looks in total. Semifinalists will be asked to show eight (8) looks the night of their runway presentations (the nights of Tuesday, March 18 – Friday, March 21). Finalists will be asked to show their entire collections (the original 8 plus an additional 4 looks) on Saturday, March 22, 2014.
Online applications submitted by emerging bridal designers will be reviewed by the CFW Fashion Panel of judges. One Emerging Bridal Designer will be chosen as the Winner to show their collection at Charleston Fashion Week’s® Spring Bridal Show on Saturday, March 22, 2014. Time to be announced at a later date and subject to change.
People’s Choice Competition
Each evening during Charleston Fashion Week®, Tuesday, March 18 through Saturday, March 22, 2014, event attendees will have a chance to vote for their favorite Emerging Designer semifinalist shown on the runway. The People’s Choice winner will be announced at the end of each evening and will receive a $250 cash prize.
2014 Emerging Designer Competition: East Grand Prize Winner will receive the following prize package*:
- $5,000 cash prize
- Website design and online marketing package from F22 Designs valued at $10,000
- Mentoring opportunity with fashion industry leaders week of CFW
- Professional hi-quality lookbook images of the Winner's Fall collection photographed by J.Balliet: Photographer
- Free runway show at Charleston Fashion Week® 2015
- Signature jewelry piece
2014 Emerging Bridal Designer will receive the following:
• Complimentary runway show at Charleston Fashion Week’s® Spring Bridal Show on Saturday, March 22, 2014. Time to be announced at a later date and subject to change. Additional Bridal prize package to be announced by October 1, 2013.
2014 Emerging Designer Competition: East People’s Choice Winners will receive the following:
- $250 cash prize for one Emerging Designer each evening during Charleston Fashion Week®, Tuesday, March 18 – Saturday, March 22, 2014.
*Charleston Fashion Week®, its parent company, and all affiliates are not liable for any prizes not delivered as agreed by third party vendors.